There is Music All Around at Aggieland Country School
A love for music is embedded through singing, playing instruments, and dancing.
Students in both the primary classrooms and elementary classrooms at our traditional Montessori school learn many songs and dances and perform twice a year for family and friends, as well as at a local nursing home for Christmas.
- Primary children are joyful singers at circle time, and carry their songs into their work and play.
- Older children practice the recorder on the porch after their work is done.
- Every student sings and dances twice a year for a large audience of family and friends.
- Students sing songs in Spanish all year long.
- Students also sing songs in many other languages throughout the year.
- In all areas, children learn to practice and perfect their music.
- All students sing Christmas music and warm hearts at a local nursing home.
More about Our Music Program
Each year, an understanding of other cultures is fostered through a diversity of dance and song. These include Spanish, Native American, and Early American examples, as well as those correlating with our current continental studies. Students also learn to play instruments of other cultures.
In addition to songs, elementary students are taught recorder, xylophones, and drums by Mrs. Adams, a certified Orff Schulwerk teacher.
Mrs. Adams is also a certified Suzuki teacher, who offers violin lessons to both Primary and Elementary students who choose to partake.